A 2 day fashion styling workshop
October 22-23, 2016
You have dreams of a full time freelance career as a fashion stylist but are doing mostly collaborations or free work and it's left you frustrated, tired and ready to turn your passion, hobby or fashion styling side gig into a full time career, this 2 day workshop is for you.
It takes more than pulling cute outfits to be stylist. And let's face it, you can only do "free" for so long.
If you're serious about taking your career to the next step, join Diane at the NEW Labelhorde AZ's Fashion Headquarters for this information packed workshop. She dispels the myths and teaches the industry and job fundamentals she's used for over twenty five years to maintain a thriving business. These are the core essentials that every stylist needs to accelerate success and build your career.
Day One: The Essentials
7 fundamental areas that are essential to create a profitable business and career which include these topics and more!
- What type of stylist do you want to be?
- Different types of styling jobs
- Difference in pulling for editorial, commercial and lifestyle jobs
- Preparing for pre-production and client meetings
- Pre job prep, pulling and returns
- On set etiquette and working with crews
- Ethics, Integrity and Assisting
- Building relationships for repeat business
- Core skills you need
- Marketing and Branding
- Creating a portfolio that gets you work
- Creating a website that attracts clients
- How collaborations and tests differ from client bookings
- Essential kit items and tools
- Budgets and paperwork
Day Two: Hands on Photo Shoot experience
Students will have a hands on photo shoot experience including:
- creating a mood board
- choosing outfits
- pitching to the client
- styling on set.
Each student will have the opportunity to style two outfits and work on set guided by Diane and our professional photographer who has over 20 years of experience as an LA and NYC stylist.
Both Days $349
*ADD ON* Focused coaching and portfolio assessmEnt. $50
For the greatest career advantage those who are successful will tell you even just a few minutes of the right mentoring can give you an edge over your peers and competitors. Spend laser focused quality time with Diane and your photographer who will provide focused coaching and a portfolio and/or website assessment. You will receive personal recommendations, advice and action steps to improve, streamline or rework your efforts towards upleveling your styling career. $50 Session time 20 minutes.